Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 1 cup cake flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir gently just until incorporated; the batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Drop batter onto a hot griddle and cook until the bubbles on top have burst, forming small craters.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Makes about ten 4-inch (10 cm) pancakes, to serve 4.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe. My granddaughter and I enjoyed making this quick and easy recipe. The pancakes were delicious, light, tender and very flavorful. We had a great time and will be making these again. Made for What's on the Menu Tag Game.
I used all purpose flour and instead of butter I used canola oil. Great pancakes :) Thanks Mimi :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
Great recipe! Very light and fluffy and very nice tasting. I added 1 teaspoon vanilla after reading some of the other reviews. I have tried a bunch of pancake recipes and this is one of the best!