Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir gently just until incorporated; the batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Drop batter onto a hot griddle and cook until the bubbles on top have burst, forming small craters.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Makes about ten 4-inch (10 cm) pancakes, to serve 4.
I used all purpose flour and instead of butter I used canola oil. Great pancakes :) Thanks Mimi :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
Great recipe! Very light and fluffy and very nice tasting. I added 1 teaspoon vanilla after reading some of the other reviews. I have tried a bunch of pancake recipes and this is one of the best!
These were the absolute best pancakes I have ever had. I added a little bit of vanilla. This is the first pancake that I have ever made that I didn't need to add extra flour to make them thick enough. I subbed about half the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour. Even the first pancake turned out beautiful. This recipe is a keeper, thank you Mimi. I make up several batches of the dry ingredients and put in ziploc bags then just add the wet ingredients when we want pancakes.