Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is our favorite pancake recipe. I got it from Williams-Sonoma site. Try it.. It's great.
Top Review by Debbwl
Wonderful way to start the day! I cut the recipe in half and still got 6 big fat pancakes that were served with some homemade jam. We will definitely be enjoying these again, thanks for the post.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 -2 tablespoon cooking spray
- maple syrup, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended. (You may have a few lumps, but don't worry about it).
- You can also mix this together using a wooden spoon or whatever you have.
- Heat lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4-6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.