This is our favorite pancake recipe. I got it from Williams-Sonoma site. Try it.. It's great.
Make and share this Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended. (You may have a few lumps, but don't worry about it).
- You can also mix this together using a wooden spoon or whatever you have.
- Heat lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4-6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Wonderful way to start the day! I cut the recipe in half and still got 6 big fat pancakes that were served with some homemade jam. We will definitely be enjoying these again, thanks for the post.
Excellent. Best pancake recipe I've ever made. Soft, fluffly, velvety. Cooks Illustrated light and fluffy pancakes were the best until now.
— posted Jul 26, 2003,Made these for breakfast today as my last recipe for "pick your chef". I have never been very successful at making regular pancakes, but this recipe worked for me! I did make the first few a little thick but by the end I had mastered pouring the right amount of batter. I made these with whole wheat flour and the kids still gobbled them down. Thanks for this great recipe! ***updated I made these today for a special breakfast and served these with Strawberry topping Sweet Southern Sugared Strawberries (Strawberry Topping), whipped cream and icing sugar. Delicious!