Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a favorite of my familiy. They are light and fluffy. The buttermilk is the key.
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil (or melted shortening)
- Use just one bowl.
- Beat eggs.
- add buttermilk then add baking soda.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in oil (Do Not over stir, a few lumps are okay).
- Lightly grease or spray a griddle heated to 375 (I just heat my griddle over medium heat on the stove).
- Spoon 4" circles of batter and turn when puffed up and full of little bubbles.
- May add blueberries, chocolate chips, or drained pineapple bits after batter is poured.
I make pancakes maybe once a year, so they have to be from scratch. I used your great recipe and as promised the cakes were light and fluffy and mixed up in a jiffy. I didn't have buttermilk on hand so I made my own using lemon juice in milk and used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour. I also used a thinly sliced banana and pecans in DH's batch cuz he was jonesing for banana nut pancakes. Thanks for a great breakfast!!
YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I added some puréed bananna to the mix, with the oil for bananna pancakes.
OH !!!! These are fantastic !!! What an easy and tasty recipe for a week-end breakfast . I will be making this recipe alot and it's a keeper for sure . I would give you 10***** stars if it were possible !!! Thanks for posting it !!!