Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I grew tried of boxed pancake mixes so I went on a search for a pancake recipe that was easy to make, had a lot of flavor, light and fluffy. I had to of tried hundreds of recipes was about to give up until I found a recipe by Eugene Presley, of Council, Virginia. I had to tweak it a little to suit my family's taste. I have made this recipe with cinnamon, gingerbread spices, and with fruit in them but my husband and kids prefer them plain with maple syrup. I have even made new recipes thinking that there still is a better recipe but my family always say where is our pancakes. I HOPE YOU ENJOY !!!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oil, melted
- 1⁄2-1 cup whole milk or 1⁄2-1 cup additional buttermilk
- In large bowl,combine dry ingredient . In med bowl, combine wet ingredients except for the whole milk! Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. At this point the batter will be very thick and lumpy. Take a little of the whole milk at a time and stir in just enough so that the batter is profitable, but not to thin. The batter should be a little lumpy.
- Pour about 1/4c. batter onto a lightly greased, hot griddle, but not to hot otherwise the pancakes will not be done on the inside. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes and the sides of pancake will be dull. Cook until golden brown. DO NOT FLATTEN THE PANCAKES TO SEE IF THEY ARE DONE!
I used oil and instead of whole milk I used 1% fat milk. Great pancakes. The texture and taste was great. Thanks shellabe :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
Delicious. Dh really likes this recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
This was very good. I noticed when I started there was no baking soda which was ok they turned out fine for us. We used real maple syrup and they were gone in no time. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.