Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
American style Buttermilk Pancakes
Make and share this Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Begin by mixing the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt, together.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and the butter into the same bowl. Only mix until just combined. Don't worry about lumps at this stage.
- Heat the frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add a little bit of oil. Ladle one portion of batter into the frying pan. Fry for roughly three minutes. Or until bubbles start to rise on the top of the pancake. Carefully flip it over to the over side. Don't worry if the batter runs out the sides. Fry for roughly 1 minute on this side. When it turns a golden brown, remove it from the pan. Place it onto a plate. Repeat the frying process until the rest are cooked.
- Now garnish some fresh fruit, like strawberries and a generous drizzle of maple syrup. Serve.
This recipe made good pancakes, but the batter turned out a little thin. This may have been because I used dry buttermilk mix. I added about 1 tablespoon flour, and it was more to my liking. I wasn't sure of the vanilla flavor, but used it. I think that afterall, I would rather not. I also usually cook my pancakes in butter, and think that they turn out better tasting than when cooked in oil. Sorry for all the nitpicking. Thank you for a very nice recipe.