1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Pancakes
From the Gourmet International Pancakes and Waffles Cookbook circa 1970. My mom gave me this book when I first moved out on my own. I just recently tried the buttermilk pancake recipe and I can say that we haven't used another pancake recipe since. Light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious. Before this my family preferred a box mix (yuck!) so I am so glad I found this very simple recipe. This feeds my VERY hungry family of 3 sufficiently so I would definitely double if you have a larger family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sifter into a medium sized bowl. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Combine the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter in another bowl (I use a large liquid measure).
- 3Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- 4For each pancake pour 1/3 cup batter (for a pretty large pancake) into a preheated skillet on medium heat that has been melted with butter or sprayed with non-stick spray. Once bubbles start to form and pop in the middle, flip the pancake and brown on the second side.
- 5Serve with your choice of topping. We like homemade syrup, or jam with sour cream and vanilla yogurt.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 403.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g