Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can make them light and fluffy or dense and thin. I prefer to use Saco cultured buttermilk blend (http://www.sacofoods.com/culteredbuttermilkblend.html) in my pancakes rather than regular buttermilk. The powder keeps in the fridge a whole lot longer than regular buttermilk. I find it in my grocery store baking aisle. It can also be used in dressing and other recipies calling for buttermilk.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and water, milk or soymilk (if using).
- Do not add the additional water yet.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- If you prefer fluffy pancakes, skip the additional water. If you prefer thinner, more dense pancakes, add up to 3 T. water to thin the batter.
- Cook on the griddle as you would any other pancake.