Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, use microwave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put the wet and dry ingredients into separate bowls and whisk each. Just a gentle mixing of each.
- Add roughly half of the dry mix into the wet and whisk smooth, not too long.
- Add the remainder of the dry mix and barely whisk together. Make sure all of the flour is mixed inches You don't want to beat this too much as it strengthens the gluten in the flour and makes the pancakes tougher. The batter should not be runny. In fact, it should be fairly thick. If possible, let the batter rest for a few minutes to allow the baking soda and baking powder to perform their magic. This will make for airier pancakes.
These pancakes were delicious and easy to make. They are nice and light.
Awesome pancakes. They were delicious, light, airy, fluffy and very flavorful. Just the way I like them. I served them with a little powdered icing sugar and a homemade raspberry sauce drizzled on top. It made for a truly decadent treat. Thanks so much for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe. Into my keeper box this goes. :)