Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
Very good! I have also used yogurt in place of buttermilk and it turned out fine. From Mastercook II, a CD-rom.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together dry ingredients. Beat eggs until light.
- Gradually beat in buttermilk and melted butter. Make a well in middle of dry ingredients. Pour in liquid ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter by large spoonfuls onto a hot, greased griddle. Cook over medium heat until bubbles form all over and underside is golden. Flip and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup or preserves.