Recipe by ChelseaKate
I made these for a couple of my friends one night because I had some buttermilk to use from a cake I had made. They raved about these pancakes! They are light and tender and perfect for a pancake fix! You can also refrigerate or freeze leftover batter in an airtight container for another day.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
I was searching for a simple buttermilk pancake recipe and found this one! Very tasty! I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the egg and buttermilk mixture. Served with sausages and syrup! Yummy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk, more if needed to thin out batter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle or fry pan.
- Sift and measure flour; sift again with sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Beat egg in medium bowl. Blend in buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients, beating until smooth; blend in melted butter.
- Add up to 1/4 cup more buttermilk for thinner cakes. Adjust consistency as required to maintain a pourable pancake batter by adding additional flour or buttermilk.
- Cook on lightly oiled griddle or fry pan. Turn pancakes when surface bubbles begin to break.