Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another pancake recipe. From "Fine Cooking Holiday Baking Magazine". Super quick and super yummy.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon safflower oil, more for the griddle
- 1 cup buttermilk
- pure maple syrup or fruit jam
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
- Add the egg, oil, and buttermilk and whisk only until no dry flour is visible; the batter should be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat until a sprinkle of water sizzles gently across the surface.
- Lightly oil the surface and drop the batter by generous tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto the griddle.
- Cook each pancake until the bottom is golden brown, tiny bubbles appear around the edges, and the edges look dry.
- Flip and cook until the center of each pancake rises and is firm when poked in the center and the bottom is golden.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates with syrup or jam.
Buttermilk pancakes are the best pancakes. Quick easy and delicious. Made for I recomment.
Perfectly fluffy pancakes. Absolutely delicious. I added some baking powder just to make them puff up a bit more. This is a definite keeper. Thanks!
Delicious! only draw back I had with these were they were alittle to thin for me but DH just loved them. I did add a tsp of sugar to the flour mixture. Thanks for sharing!