Light and delicious and easy to make. Several neighbor girls used to stop by early on their way to school to eat these pancakes. I like maple syrup, but you can cook with chocolate chips or top with fresh or frozen fruit. Since there is no sugar in the pancakes, you can put chutney on them for a spicy taste.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Heat oil on a griddle (or use no-stick spray).
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto pan.
- Turn when they are bubbly on top and golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from griddle when golden brown.