Recipe by KEA-CA
Delicious PA-Dutch style. Can be chocolate pancakes if you add the chocolate syrup and chocolate chips...sounds crazy but it's great! Top the chocolate version with whipped cream!
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 cups whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all liquid ingredients together; add sugar.
- Combine dry ingredients; mix together.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Cook on griddle at 375 degrees.
- CHOCOLATE PANCAKES:.
- Use 1 tablespoon of extra flour so the batter is not too thin.
- Add chocolate syrup last so that you can vary the strength as you wish.
- Place on griddle - sprinkle choc chips over pancake BEFORE turning.
- Garnish with REAL whipped cream.