Recipe by makadu
This recipe is from the North Dakota Federation of Business & Professional Women's Clubs cookbook from the 50's. My mom was a member. I asked my mom for her pancake recipe for years, and after giving me several recipes that weren't as good, she gave me the cookbook.
Top Review by Boomette
This made a lot of pancakes but it will be great for this week's mornings. These pancakes are very yummy and have a great texture. Thanks makadu :) Made for All you can cook buffet
- 3 eggs
- 631.69 ml buttermilk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored - about 10 minutes (if you use a stand mixer, less time).
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add buttermilk and mix with eggs, beating until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- If thicker or thinner cakes are desired, add or subtract the amount flour.
- Fry in hot oil.