Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the North Dakota Federation of Business & Professional Women's Clubs cookbook from the 50's. My mom was a member. I asked my mom for her pancake recipe for years, and after giving me several recipes that weren't as good, she gave me the cookbook.
- 3 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored - about 10 minutes (if you use a stand mixer, less time).
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add buttermilk and mix with eggs, beating until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- If thicker or thinner cakes are desired, add or subtract the amount flour.
- Fry in hot oil.
This made a lot of pancakes but it will be great for this week's mornings. These pancakes are very yummy and have a great texture. Thanks makadu :) Made for All you can cook buffet
Perfect high rising fluffy pancakes with crispy edges - used for the thumbnail-sized blueberries we picked yesterday! Will be our new "Go-To" pancake recipe from here on. Thanks for posting this total keeper!
These are excellant pancakes, they were quick and easy to make. I made them in some large molds that I have, a large heart and a large flower. They turned out perfect, for Valentines Day. These beauts were big, thick, tender, light and fluffy. With a great buttermilk flavor. I served them with strawberries and strawberry syrup and whipped cream...sooo good, I will most definitely use this recipe again.