Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adjusted some other baking mixes to come up with one that suited my tastes.
Make and share this Buttermilk Pancake Mix recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, buttermilk powder, milk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (I use my potato masher to do this).
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- **To use** Combine 2 cups mix with one egg and enough water to make the batter the consistency you like.
- (I like thin pancakes, so I use about 1 1/2 cups of water to make a fairly runny batter).
- Cook on a griddle heated to 325 degrees Farenheit until golden brown on each side.