I adjusted some other baking mixes to come up with one that suited my tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk baking blend dry buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
To prepare pancakes
- 1In a large bowl, mix together flour, buttermilk powder, milk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (I use my potato masher to do this).
- 3Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- 4**To use** Combine 2 cups mix with one egg and enough water to make the batter the consistency you like.
- 5(I like thin pancakes, so I use about 1 1/2 cups of water to make a fairly runny batter).
- 6Cook on a griddle heated to 325 degrees Farenheit until golden brown on each side.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pancake Mix
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1041.7
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 1594.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 25.0 g