- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (110 to 115)
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm buttermilk (110 to 115)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add buttermilk, oil and sugar. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to yeast mixture and beat until smooth. Do not knead. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; punch down. Shape into 24 balls and place in two greased 9-inch square baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.