Tender and juicy! An amazing sauce.
Make and share this Buttermilk Pan Roasted Chicken Breast recipe from Food.com.
- Mix table salt and sugar in a 1 quart container, fill with cold water and shake to mix.
- Place rinsed chicken in a 1 gallon zip top bag with the brine (you won't need all of it) place in a bowl an put in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse chicken & bag, put chicken back in bag and add buttermilk.
- Put back in bowl and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- Space 2 racks in oven so your skillets can fit.
- Preheat oven to 475°F; drain rinse and dry chicken.
- Rub with oil, salt and pepper liberally.
- Get 2 large oven proof skillets hot on the stove.
- Sear chicken breasts until nice and brown, remove from pans, deglaze with Worcestershire sauce and stock.
- Reserve de-glazing liquid.
- Place chicken back in pans.
- Place pans in oven for 10 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover.
- Deglaze pans again.
- Pour deglazing liquid into one pan, reduce to about 1 cup.
- Whisk in 4 tbsp of butter and serve over chicken.