1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Pan Roasted Chicken Breast
Tender and juicy! An amazing sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix table salt and sugar in a 1 quart container, fill with cold water and shake to mix.
- 2Place rinsed chicken in a 1 gallon zip top bag with the brine (you won't need all of it) place in a bowl an put in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours.
- 3Drain and rinse chicken & bag, put chicken back in bag and add buttermilk.
- 4Put back in bowl and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- 5Space 2 racks in oven so your skillets can fit.
- 6Preheat oven to 475°F; drain rinse and dry chicken.
- 7Rub with oil, salt and pepper liberally.
- 8Get 2 large oven proof skillets hot on the stove.
- 9Sear chicken breasts until nice and brown, remove from pans, deglaze with Worcestershire sauce and stock.
- 10Reserve de-glazing liquid.
- 11Place chicken back in pans.
- 12Place pans in oven for 10 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F.
- 13Remove chicken from pan, cover.
- 14Deglaze pans again.
- 15Pour deglazing liquid into one pan, reduce to about 1 cup.
- 16Whisk in 4 tbsp of butter and serve over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pan Roasted Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 5155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 20.5 g