Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a healthy way to prepare the always-famous chicken strips. Dipping chicken in egg whites allows the cornflake coating to adhere to the meat and also creates a crispy crust: Just the way I like it! I found this in a magazine the other day, and I am looking forward to trying it! Preparation time includes chill time.
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a large bowl or zip-loc plastic bag, turning chicken to coat all sides.
- Cover or seal, and chill for 8 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk.
- Combine flour, poultry seasoning, and lemon pepper in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg whites; gently press chicken in crushed cereal.
- Arrange chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined 15 by 10 inch jellyroll pan.
- (Do not overlap chicken).
- Lightly coat chicken evenly on both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.