8 hrs 15 mins
This is a healthy way to prepare the always-famous chicken strips. Dipping chicken in egg whites allows the cornflake coating to adhere to the meat and also creates a crispy crust: Just the way I like it! I found this in a magazine the other day, and I am looking forward to trying it! Preparation time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken and buttermilk in a large bowl or zip-loc plastic bag, turning chicken to coat all sides.
- 2Cover or seal, and chill for 8 hours.
- 3Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk.
- 4Combine flour, poultry seasoning, and lemon pepper in a bowl.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy.
- 7Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg whites; gently press chicken in crushed cereal.
- 8Arrange chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined 15 by 10 inch jellyroll pan.
- 9(Do not overlap chicken).
- 10Lightly coat chicken evenly on both sides with cooking spray.
- 11Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 271.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: