Recipe by Charles Lieberman
Got it at work; it's for people prone to heartburn and acid reflux. I always liked oven-fried chicken at college, although I did go to school in New England.
Top Review by Marney
This was just "ok" for us. The coating never really crisped up and was bland. The chicken itself was moist and had a good texture. I think I will play around with the coating to see what I can come up with. It was very easy to put together and it was quick to cook.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish or sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Soak chicken in buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Brush the butter over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika and garlic together in a large zipper-style plastic bag.
- Put one milk-soaked piece of chicken in the seasoned flour and shake well to dredge, then place it in the baking dish.
- Repeat this with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Do not overcook.