Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to make hearty breakfast. Start batter the night before. From the Sunset Brunch Cookbook
Make and share this Buttermilk Oatmeal Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- The night before, combine the buttermilk and oatmeal. Mix and refrigerate.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, butter, and raisins. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to oat mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of batter to griddle and cook until tops are bubbling.
- Turn and cook other side until brown.
- Serve with maple syrup. Makes about 12 pancakes.
I got up to step 2 in this recipe before realising that the eggs had been left out of the ingredients list. It was too late to make something else, so I guessed and used 2 eggs. It seemed to work OK. These are quite good pancakes, but beware because they brown very quickly. There was also too much cinnamon for my taste - I'd use 1/2 tsp next time. I also used dried blueberries instead of raisins (don't like raisins, so I don't have any).