Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make hearty breakfast. Start batter the night before. From the Sunset Brunch Cookbook
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups oatmeal, old fashioned
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- The night before, combine the buttermilk and oatmeal. Mix and refrigerate.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, butter, and raisins. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to oat mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of batter to griddle and cook until tops are bubbling.
- Turn and cook other side until brown.
- Serve with maple syrup. Makes about 12 pancakes.
I got up to step 2 in this recipe before realising that the eggs had been left out of the ingredients list. It was too late to make something else, so I guessed and used 2 eggs. It seemed to work OK. These are quite good pancakes, but beware because they brown very quickly. There was also too much cinnamon for my taste - I'd use 1/2 tsp next time. I also used dried blueberries instead of raisins (don't like raisins, so I don't have any).