1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This bread makes lovely sandwiches. Rise times are included in the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the yeast over the water in a small bowl; do not stir; set aside for at least 5 minutes to proof to a foamy consistency.
- 2Stir together the flour, oats, sugar and salt in a large bowl; add the butter, buttermilk and yeast mixture and beat with an electric mixer until the ingredients are well blended.
- 3Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 4Lightly oil a large bowl and transfer the dough to the bowl; cover with a tea towel and let the dough rise in a warm place until it is doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 5Pun the dough down and let it rise again, covered with a tea towel, for 45 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350° and oil a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 7Punch the dough down again and place it in the loaf pan; bake for 35-40 minutes or till the loaf pulls away from the side of the pan and loaf sounds hollow when you thump it.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (959 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2044.0
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 2476.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 381.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 55.7 g