Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats, toasted *
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- For toasted rolled oats, place oats in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or till oats are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bread machine according to manufacturer's directions. Bake the bread using the regular or white setting.
Very, very good! Suggestion -- this makes a smallish loaf, so set your bread machine to "light," if possible, to prevent over-browning of crust. Great flavor and texture!
One serving of this bread = 1 bread diabetic exchange
I made it 3 days ago, through circumstances I was unable to retieve it from my bread machine for 2 days... it was still terrific. Made it again this morning with a little more toated oats... hubby is eating it right now with a big smile on his face.