Recipe by greengirl512
This was inspired by ThatBobbieGirl's recipe ##1079868. I added some things and changed some proportions around enough so that I feel comfortable calling this recipe my own, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due. This bread is 100% whole wheat, but it rises reliably in my bread machine and comes out all nice and soft and squishy on the inside, and stays fresh for a long time. It has come out beatifully every time I've made it, thus making it Zaar-worthy(in my humble opinion). Enjoy!
- 9 ounces warm water
- 1⁄4 cup dry buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ingredients on bread machine in the order your machine manual suggests( I use the order listed above).
- Set the machine to the whole wheat cycle, and set crust color to light(trust me on this, the honey in the dough browns really easily.) This recipe makes a 2 lb loaf.
- Let her rip!
- During the kneading cycle, check the consistency of the doughball-it should be smooth, and when you touch it, you should not come away with any dough residue on your fingers. If its too dry, add water 1 tablespoon at a time. If its too wet, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time.