Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Aebleskiver and More - A Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs.
Make and share this Buttermilk Nut Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and white flour.
- Add the whole-wheat flour and sift again.
- Add the brown sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg until light; mix in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add to dry mixture.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into a buttered and lightly floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.