Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a creamy mild-tasting chicken dish. Serve this with cooked egg noodles or rice. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Top Review by Bev
Very nice and easy chicken supper! I made as directed and do think next time I may substitute some thighs and/or drumsticks along with the breast for a little more flavor. Also, a garnish of freshly snipped parsley will add a touch of color to the finished product. I served with egg noodles (will try rice next time) and steamed spinach. Thank you again, Kittencal, for sharing all your wonderful recipes with us!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (skin on or removed)
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (squeese out excess moisture with hands)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish for about 5 minutes or until the butter is hot and melted.
- Season the breasts with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken pieces in about 1/2 cup buttermilk, then dredge in flour.
- Arrange the chicken in baking dish with melted butter breast-side down.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes; remove from oven turn chicken over and bake for another 10 minutes more.
- In a bowl stir together 1 cup buttermilk with the undiluted soup, well drained mushrooms and black pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes of baking, pour the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is done and the sauce is heated through and bubbly.