Recipe by Audrey M
Add flavor to your potatoes.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
The water and broth didn't cover my potatoes, so I added enough to cook them. Also I didn't have any garlic cloves to I just added minced garlic after draining my cooked potatoes. Other than that, I made as directed. Next time I may add a touch more buttermilk, but other wise I would make them the same way. They went nicely with the grilled chicken we had. Thank you.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, broth and garlic.
- Cover potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a smaller saucepan, heat buttermilk until warm.
- Drain potatoes and garlic; mash with buttermilk.
- Stir in onions, salt and pepper.