Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are Martha Stewart's version and they are so good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Add buttermilk, sour cream, and butter; mash with a potato masher until creamy. Season generously with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
Delicious! The best mashed potato recipe that I have come upon thus far. I added a tablespoon of minced garlic to the boiling water - but other than that, followed the recipe to a T and it was GREAT. Thank You!
5 STARS are not enough! My family loved these potatoes!