Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Once you taste this version of an all time favorite comfort food, you may never make the regular kind again. It will be your most requested recipe. From Country Woman Magazine
- 6 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Stir in the cheese, buttermilk, butter and salt.
- Add macaroni; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160F.
I made this exactly as specified. It tasted ok, but it maybe should be re-named to macaroni and quiche. It was a little "eggy" for our tastes. We expect macaroni and cheeses to be more cheesy. Just personal taste I guess.