Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
this sound like a good recipe for mac and cheese.
- 6 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- in a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- stir in the cheese, buttermilk, butter and salt.
- add the cooked macaroni and mix well.
- pour into a greased 13 inches x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- bake uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 45-50 minutes or until a thermoneter reads 160 degrees.
This is really an enjoyable dish. I cut the recipe in half, used 2 cups of pasta, and added ground mustard and white pepper. Even Mr. Picky eater loved it.
This is really good! I did tweak it for us a little bit though. I added 1 can (7 oz) of diced green chilies and 1 of those Tyson cans of white chunk chicken drained. This is a yummy recipe and I believe it would be just as good without our add ins. Thanks for sharing this one!!!