- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- fresh blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and buttermilk and mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and butter and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set in the center; watch pie crust edges and cover if needed to prevent overbrowning.
- Allow pie to cool completely and garnish with fresh blackberries or seasonal fruit before serving.