Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
prep time includes chill time.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at time.
- Stir in the vanilla and buttermilk alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Cover dough and chill several hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Combine the Cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle onto each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
These were such yummy cookies. I have to say that I was a little worried about the dough, as it wasnt thick like normal doughs, but these turned out wonderful! I will be making these again when I have some extra buttermilk! *NOTE* Make sure you do grease with cooking spray every time.