- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in the baking pan according to the manufacturer's directions.
- If baking in machine, use medium setting.
- If using dough cycle and baking in oven, remove from bread maker and place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.