Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice bread for your bread machine.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- Place all ingredients in the baking pan according to the manufacturer's directions.
- If baking in machine, use medium setting.
- If using dough cycle and baking in oven, remove from bread maker and place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
This is really good and it makes great toast. I made one loaf using honey and then made a second loaf using agava nectar (hubby and I are diabetic) and both turned out really good. Thanks for posting.
WOW is this yummy. I honestly chose it because I had some buttermilk to use up in the fridge and I am SO glad I did. I am eating the heel right now (warm) and it is fabulous as is. I am serving it tonight with Katzen's Recipe #275767 for a fabulous vegetarian dinner. THANKS for a keeper of a recipe!!! Funny for the day. . .I cut 2 pieces of bread for the photo, ate 1 and left the other piece and the remainder of the loaf to cool on the counter. Walked thru the kitchen about a half hour later and the loaf was GONE!!! My dear 10 year old golden retriever stole it. . .he too gives you 5 plus stars LOL. Will have to make this one again very soon as it was truly wonderful.
I used equal parts of white flour and wheat flour and it had a great flavor. Thanks, will make again.