1/3 Photos of Buttermilk-Honey Fried Chicken Fingers
These are the best homemade chicken fingers I've ever tasted. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce; I like honey mustard. Toss any leftover chicken fingers with salad greens for a nice lunch. The Nutrition Facts show a high calorie count because the whole quart of oil for frying is being included. This recipe comes from Pam Anderson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- flavoring, of choice (see below)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, each cut crosswise into 8 to 9 strips (about 6 large)
- 1 quart vegetable oil or 1 quart canola oil or 1 quart peanut oil or 1 quart corn oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1In a large bowl or shallow baking dish, mix the honey, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and flavoring of choice into the buttermilk. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- 2Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over high heat until it reaches 375 degrees.
- 3Meanwhile, mix the flour and 1 tablespoon salt in a doubled paper bag (I've also used a large ziploc bag). Drop about 8 chicken strips into the flour, close the bag, and shake to coat the chicken. Place the chicken pieces on a wire rack set over a baking sheet (or newspaper for easy cleanup). Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- 4Working in 4 batches, drop the chicken pieces into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning if necessary to ensure even browning, about 3 minutes. Transfer to another wire rack set over a baking sheet to drain. Keep first batches warm in the oven while the rest of the chicken cooks, making sure the oil comes back up to 375 degrees after each batch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk-Honey Fried Chicken Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1331.8
- Calories from Fat 1024
- Total Fat 113.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning