1/11 Photos of Buttermilk & Honey Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
This bread has a great taste and texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly spray two small or one large loaf pan with non stick cooking spray or coat with melted butter.
- 2Set them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 3In a kitchen aid mixing bowl, hand whisk the water, yeast and sugar together and let stand for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in buttermilk, butter, honey, salt and half the flour.
- 5Stir with a wooden spoon.
- 6Fit machine with a dough hook, then kneading, add in more flour as required to make a soft, but firm dough, about 8- 10 minutes.
- 7Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise 45- 90 minutes until doubled in size.
- 8Gently deflate dough and divide into two or keep as one loaf.
- 9Shape into oblongs and place in prepared loaf pans.
- 10Insert loaf pans into a large plastic bag and let rise until doubled in size, about 30-45 minutes.
- 11Glaze well with a beaten egg.
- 12(You can also brush loaf with melted butter).
- 13Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 14Place breads in oven and bake about 45 minutes until well browned.
- 15Turn breads out onto a cooling rack and cool well before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk & Honey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g