Thyme Savours's Note:
As with many kitchens, a common pantry staple is the potato. According to Wikipedia, "there are close to 4000 different varieties of the potato" which probably explains the multitudes of dishes that can be created with this ingredient. One such dish is the ever popular mashed potato which is enjoyed regularly by many families around the world. Whenever I am making a mashed potato dish, I always think about how it will work with the main dish. This particular version of mashed potatoes goes well with Roast Beef, Steak and one of my favorites Short Ribs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice potatoes into chunks.
- 2In large pot, add potatoes and cover with water.
- 3Place pot on medium heat cooktop and bring to boil.
- 4Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- 5Drain water thoroughly and return potatoes to same pot. Add butter and begin mashing. Add buttermilk, salt, pepper and chives.
- 6Mash until you are happy with consistency.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Herbed Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g