1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Herbed Biscuits
Delicious biscuits! You can change the flavor of these by using different herbs. Try them warm from the oven, split open and buttered. Very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, herbs, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- 3Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly.
- 4Add in the buttermilk.
- 5Stir until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- 6The dough should be soft and sticky.
- 7Knead the dough 10 times on a floured surface.
- 8Roll the dough about 1" thick.
- 9Cut with a floured 2" cutter.
- 10Place the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush with butter.
- 11Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Herbed Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 238.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: