Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
a low-fat dressing.
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freeze dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Cover and chill.
I liked the creaminess of this dressing (not too heavy, not too thin), but it was a bit bland for my taste since I normally stick to very tangy vinaigrettes and Italian dressings. To remedy this, I threw in a packet of Goya Sazon Onion and Garlic, which did the trick. I'm still partial to my vinaigrettes, but I would definitely add this to my summer salad routine whenever I have extra buttermilk around.