I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found in Canadian Living. The milk keeps it moist and it tastes rich and creamy without being high in fat.
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk (with 2T vinegar, added to the milk total 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- Mix together marinade.
- Add chicken coating well.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook on greased grill turning occasionally until done (time varies with cut of chicken used).
My father is on a low sodium diet and I always cook for them on mother and fathers day. I tried the recipe first and it was GREAT. I am sure they too will enjoy it. Thanks.
I was disappointed with this recipe. The flavour was very subtle and I could not taste the lemon or the Dijon even though it was marinated overnight. Sorry for the negative review!
This is so tasty. Great lemony taste. The chicken was in the marinade 24 hours. It's my first time marinating chicken in buttermilk. It makes it moist. Thanks Kate :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game