Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are lighter and fluffier than regular pancakes. I've tried other pancake recipes, but this has been a favorite in our home for years!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup soured milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces margarine or 2 ounces oil, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg and buttermilk together.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir them into the egg mixture.
- Whisk in melted margarine or oil (if mixture is very thick, add a little milk).
- Heat a heavy griddle or frying pan and lightly grease.
- Pour by 1/4 cup measures, and cook until bubbles form and the griddle cakes begin to look dry.
- Turn and cook on other side.
Very much enjoyed these. I think buttermilk adds a wonderful richness to many foods and this recipe only added to that belief. Very good!!