1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Glazed Carrot Cake
It is the buttermilk glaze that sets this apart from ordinary Carrot cake. In one word, moreish....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1LIne three 9 inch cake pans with waxed paper and lightly grease and flour the wax paper.
- 2Mix the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- 3Combine the eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- 4Add the dry ingredients gradually, mixing well after each addition. Fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- 5Spoon into prepared pans. Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean (don't remove from the pans yet).
- 6For the glaze, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, buttermilk and baking soda in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 7Drizzle the glaze over the hot cake layers. Cool the layers in the pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pans and finish cooling on the rack competely.
- 8For the frosting beat the butter and cream cheese at medium speed in a mixing bowl until light.
- 9Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread between the layers and over the top and side of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Glazed Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.5
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 600.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 66.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g