Recipe by beccalynn
This is my Grandma's recipe. It tastes so yummy and you can take away or add any fruits that you care to. Really good...great to have for family potlucks, etc.
Top Review by chefess
I lost a recipe very similar to this one, so I was thrilled to find this! My original clipping called for 1 large can of pineapple tidbits and 1 large can of mandarin oranges -- both drained well. No coconut or fruit cocktail. It's excellent. Light and fluffy. And with sugar-free pudding and low-fat cool whip, it's low calorie. My original also recommended chilling 6 hours or overnight to get to the right consistency.
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (11 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vanilla pudding and buttermilk; mix well.
- Add all of the fruits and Cool Whip.
- Most all fruits taste good in this, so add whatever fits your personal preferences.
- Also good with mini-marshmallows.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for at least an hour.
- I prefer to make the night before.
- If you are making for a large crowd, recipe doubles very easily!