Recipe by The Range Rover
This is one of the best tasting corn recipes I've ever come across. I think when you try it you will agree.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the corn and the buttermilk let stand for 30 minutes.
- Combine the flour and the next 3 ingredients in a large heavy duty zip lock bag.
- Add the corn to the flour mixture, a small amount at a time. Shake the bag to coat.
- Pour the oil to a depth of 1 inch in a heavy skillet. Heat to 375°F and fry corn in small batches 2 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.