Recipe by Sharon123
What a cool way to use fresh corn! Yummy on salads, soups, or casseroles! Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by RECIPE ADDICT
This was great! I did everything exactly as was printed. I had to use powdered buttermilk but next time I`ll try it with the real thing and it will probably be even better!I had leftover flour/cornmeal so I`ll use less next time.It worked great to put the coated corn in a small colander over the garbage to separate it easily.My husband & I enjoyed it to the max! and its going into my Favorites cookbook. I had 9 fried corn recipes saved into my cookbook but now I`m going to get rid of the others because I know this can`t be beat! Thanks so much for posting
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn kernels and buttermilk in large bowl; let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add corn to flour mixture, a small amount at a time, and shake bag to coat corn.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 inch in a Dutch oven; heat to 375*.
- Fry corn, a small amount at a time, in hot oil 2 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve as a side dish or sprinkle on salads, soups, or casseroles.
- Yield: 2 cups.