1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast Filets
24 hrs 14 mins
red and white kitchen's Note:
Tender, very moist, well seasoned, (not hot/ spicy) fried chicken. Excellent sevrved with Karen' best buttermilk bisciut recipe. Great hot or cold. Needs to soak in buttermilk 24 hrs before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon franks redhot cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper (coarse grind)
- 2 cups corn oil
- 1Filet 3 chicken breasts in half.
- 2Soak chicken in buttermilk and 1/2 teaspoon ground Cayenne for 24 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from buttermilk.
- 4Season with salt,pepper,paprika,garlic salt and seasoned salt.
- 5Make an egg wash with 3 beatened eggs and tablespoon of Franks hot sauce.Set aside.
- 6Make dredge with self rising flour and 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- 7Heat 2 cups oil in 12 inch fry pan over medium- medium high heat.
- 8Dip chicken into egg wash, then into flour dredge.
- 9Carefully slip floured chicken into hot oil.
- 10Cook till golden brown 7-10 minutes. Flip cook 7-10 minutes more.
- 11Drain on rack or paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast Filets
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.0
- Calories from Fat 746
- Total Fat 82.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.6 mg
- Sodium 855.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: