Recipe by red and white kitchen
Tender, very moist, well seasoned, (not hot/ spicy) fried chicken. Excellent sevrved with Karen' best buttermilk bisciut recipe. Great hot or cold. Needs to soak in buttermilk 24 hrs before cooking.
Top Review by Shelby B.
Soooooo good! I didn't really measure anything, I just threw all of the dry ingredients together with however much I felt was enough and instead of using eggs, I just double dipped in the butter milk. The best chicken I've ever had!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon franks redhot cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper (coarse grind)
- 2 cups corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Filet 3 chicken breasts in half.
- Soak chicken in buttermilk and 1/2 teaspoon ground Cayenne for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk.
- Season with salt,pepper,paprika,garlic salt and seasoned salt.
- Make an egg wash with 3 beatened eggs and tablespoon of Franks hot sauce.Set aside.
- Make dredge with self rising flour and 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 cups oil in 12 inch fry pan over medium- medium high heat.
- Dip chicken into egg wash, then into flour dredge.
- Carefully slip floured chicken into hot oil.
- Cook till golden brown 7-10 minutes. Flip cook 7-10 minutes more.
- Drain on rack or paper towels.