Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I think fried chicken is food of the Gods! If you like GOOD fried chicken, like we do, you'll LOVE this!!!
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in pieces (I use just legs & thighs)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 cups seasoned flour (I prefer Kentucky Kernel)
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle corn oil (Corn Oil ONLY)
- The night before, place chicken pieces in a large non-metal container or bowl, that has a sealable lid.
- Pour the quart of buttermilk over the chicken. Place lid on container/bowl & refrigerate overnight, until ready to cook.
- The next day, drain chicken in a large colander, but do NOT rinse.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat corn oil in a large skillet. I use an electric skillet, set at 350-375°F.
- Brown chicken, on both sides, in batches, but do NOT crowd. Using tongs, turn only once. About 10-15 minutes, each side, until golden brown.
- Place browned chicken in a roasting pan; cover.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This was great!!! The chicken came out so tender and juicy . I used 2 chicken thighs, which I skinned. The crust fell off of the chicken when I took it out of the skillet. I think that's because of skinning it. It's not the recipes "fault" I think next time I make this, which I will make again. I won't skin it and see if it happens again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08.