Recipe by Ackman
I think fried chicken is food of the Gods! If you like GOOD fried chicken, like we do, you'll LOVE this!!!
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was great!!! The chicken came out so tender and juicy . I used 2 chicken thighs, which I skinned. The crust fell off of the chicken when I took it out of the skillet. I think that's because of skinning it. It's not the recipes "fault" I think next time I make this, which I will make again. I won't skin it and see if it happens again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in pieces (I use just legs & thighs)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 cups seasoned flour (I prefer Kentucky Kernel)
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle corn oil (Corn Oil ONLY)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, place chicken pieces in a large non-metal container or bowl, that has a sealable lid.
- Pour the quart of buttermilk over the chicken. Place lid on container/bowl & refrigerate overnight, until ready to cook.
- The next day, drain chicken in a large colander, but do NOT rinse.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat corn oil in a large skillet. I use an electric skillet, set at 350-375°F.
- Brown chicken, on both sides, in batches, but do NOT crowd. Using tongs, turn only once. About 10-15 minutes, each side, until golden brown.
- Place browned chicken in a roasting pan; cover.
- Bake for 1 hour.