Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place chicken pieces into a large bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk over chicken.
- Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper, mixing well to combine.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and place in flour mixture coating all sides well.
- Pour 1 to 2 inches of oil in skillet and fry chicken pieces until one side is golden brown.
- Turn and brown other side approximately 20 minutes total.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain off excess grease. Or, brown on both sides until lightly golden 5 to 8 minutes; remove and place on paper towels to absorb excess grease; place on a baking sheet; place in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake until juices run clear.