Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Melt in your mouth dumplings!!
Make and share this Buttermilk Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients to form a stiff batter.
- Drop tablespoons into simmering stew.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
PERFECT dumplings to go with a beef stew! They were soft and fluffy and not a bit gummy.<br/>I added some parsley but otherwise fillowed to a T.<br/>(I made my own buttermilk using 2% and lemon juice)<br/><br/>Thanks Linda!
At last a truly fluffy, delicious dumpling. I added a pinch of parsley and oregano; however, I would rate this recipe higher if I could just due to the texture alone. They floated on top, never sank, and were just perfect.
These are wonderful--great flavor,and very airy. Normally I like sad (rolled) dumplings, but didn't have time to make them tonight, and I had some buttermilk to use before it expired. I'll def. make these again!