Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can use chocolate chips in place of the raisins.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut in cold butter, until mixture has a consistancy of coarse meal.
- Add raisins (or cranberries).
- In another bowl, beat together buttermilk and eggs.
- Stir in liquid ingredients into dry.
- Stir together to form a smooth dough (don't overbeat).
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
Quick and easy biscuits. I added dried orange essence cranberries and some orange zest. They were more biscuit like than scones but yummy just the same! Thank you for a quick and easy recipe.
Very good biscuit/scones which we enjoyed with Bacon & Leek Quiche recipe#36807. The only change I made was using regular raisins instead of the suggested golden raisins. Thanks for sharing!